Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Disinformation Agents in the Conspiracy Community

disinformation
One thing is quite clear to me as I peruse the conspiracy community and leap into various rabbit holes: disinformation, and the agents thereof, is FACT.

I posted an article last night discussing the possible presence of guillotines in America. As I researched for that article, I got to the name, Pam Schuffert, and thus began my dive into a deep rabbit hole. It was basically a large circle jumping from site to site to site trying to figure out who was telling the truth. I saw some names I recognized, and some that were new to me. For the most part, the familiar names were being dragged through the mud by the new ones.

Who Do You Believe?

When it comes down to it, you only believe yourself, and don't expect anyone else to believe you. Do you feel like you have an important and timely message for the masses that involves one of the following concepts (I do not endorse any of these per se):

  • 911 was an inside job
  • The government is corrupt
  • The world is corrupt
  • Queen Elizabeth is an alien reptilian blood-drinker
You may have a message, but you were discredited before you began. If that wasn't enough, you will be discredited via a network of diligent bloggers that will keep any truthseeker, researcher, and/or theorist running in circles all around you. 

Strategy for Avoiding Becoming One of Them

Well, if I told you, then "they" would know my strategy and know exactly the path to take to discredit me! I don't really care. "Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world."

I've been thick into reading about various conspiracies since around 2008. This seed was planted in the 90's by people talking about the "black helicopters" and my dad talking about JFK. While I've exercised an intense interest, I have done it alone. 

Even my dad isn't interested in talking about this stuff anymore. He's older and probably weary of hoping the world might change for the better. I'm not exactly sure why his interest waned. I do know he spoke out at a meeting once in the early 2000's and was confronted by a "former CIA agent" and asked if he knew there were people who would want to shut him up about what he was saying. I do not remember what he was talking about. I will ask him.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent. The point I want to make is that I have been pretty much by myself in my interest and study into the conspiracy community. This feeds into my strategy. I've also not written a whole lot about it save for a few forum memberships and a book I published on Amazon for Kindle. 

My strategy is fairly a new idea to me. Whereas in the past I have wished for someone to discuss conspiracies with, I do not any longer. I've seen what "networking" does to people and their credibility. Therefore, my words are my own. My ideas are my own. My beliefs are my own

No Name-Dropping

I'm going to do the best I can to not drop too many names either as I write more. That seems to get people into trouble. Since I don't know any of these people personally, who am I to judge them by their words or what others say about them?

My Fairly Significant Weaknesses

I have some which I will not discuss. I am fully aware of them, and this awareness is my crude attempt to protect myself. The conspiracy community is overwrought with weak individuals. I'm not slamming them, but I am genuinely concerned for them. The outer fringe is no place for the mentally ill, but often the only place where they find compassion along with fiery rebuke. It's a classic example of weathering the bad to get the good. At any rate, I am awake, but more than that, I am aware of my vulnerabilities. I'm not worth your fight. I will pull back and relent. The fight is in my words, not my being. Sometimes I forget the uber responsibility that comes with words.

Are Your Truthseeker Heroes Operating in Darkness?

Who do you respect in the conspiracy community? *not dropping names ;-)* Consider this: are they transparent? What do you really know about them? Do you know them personally? Talking on the phone once or emailing doesn't really count. Oh, you've known them a whole year? Still doesn't count. It takes a long time to know someone, and even then, they have their secrets. Remember, trust only yourself...and God.

If your respected leaders are operating under the cover of darkness, then:

"For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” ~ John 3:20-21


No comments:

Post a Comment